Starfleet Research has released The 2019 Smart Decision Guide to Restaurant Management and POS Systems. This marks the 4th edition of this popular resource for restaurant IT decision makers.
Currently available for complimentary download, this Smart Decision Guide title is considered by many industry experts to be the most comprehensive and authoritative roadmap to success when it comes to next-generation restaurant technologies. 92% of restaurant owners and operators rated previous editions as “valuable” or “extremely valuable.”
The following are six key research findings:
- Nearly one-quarter (24 percent) of restaurant operators who have not upgraded their core restaurant management and POS system within the past 3 years plan to do so in the next 12 months.
- 84 percent of full-service restaurants, and 72 percent of quick service and fast casual restaurants, report that they achieved “significant” or “dramatic” improvement in revenue performance after deploying next-generation restaurant management and POS systems
- 91 percent of restaurant operators “agree” or “strongly agree” that technology platform interoperability is a key success factor.
- Restaurant workforce management solutions typically reduce labor costs by 4 to 5 percent.
- More than three-quarters (78 percent) of restaurant operators cite the benefits of POS mobility as the top reason to upgrade their technology capabilities.
- Nearly three-quarters (73 percent) of restaurant operators agree that adequate user training ranks as a key success factor in maximizing the value of a restaurant management and POS system.
The 2019 Smart Decision Guide to Restaurant Management and POS Systems consists of 5 chapters and runs 42 pages. This new edition is revised and updated to reflect emerging demographic and technology trends as well as the latest platform capabilities.
This authoritative resource was independently produced by Starfleet Research, the leading provider of best practices IT market research for the hospitality industry. It was made possible with underwriting support from the following leading technology solution providers: Benseron Hospitality / Linga POS, Infor Hospitality, Oracle Food & Beverage, Restaurant365 and Toast. Other support comes from: Restaurant Technology News and Restaurant Activity Report.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.