Each year Hotel Tech Report surveys thousands of industry insiders to find the best hospitality tech jobs and employers globally.
We all want fulfilling careers with intellectual growth opportunities and earning potential to provide for our families.
We want to work for companies whose cultures align with our values and to be surrounded by peers who celebrate our successes.
But it’s hard to tell which companies are the real deal since most seem great during the interview and courtship process.
Every year we do the hard work for you and survey thousands of professionals to find the best companies to work for in the hospitality industry.
We ask respondents to rate their employers from 1-10 on these key variables:
- Work-life balance
- Personal development opportunities
- Gender equality
- Confidence in company direction
- Values alignment
Hotel Tech Report creates this list each year for two reasons: (1) to help industry professionals find the best hospitality jobs and (2) to help hotel tech buyers understand that it’s just as important to partner with great organizations as it is to find great software tools and products.
Vendor culture is important to every aspect of a vendor relationship:
- Product: Great workplaces attract the best talent who make the best products
- Customer Support: Happy client reps give better service and stay around longer developing deeper relationships.
- Sales: When a sales team has high turnover, innovation gets strangled because there isn’t enough cash coming in the door to invest.
Our 10 Best Places to Work in Hotel Tech list features companies who foster wonderful work environments for employees. In return, those employees deliver incredible products and service to clients.
This year we identified 6 major trends that made these companies stand out from the pack in an extremely competitive race:
- Strong cross-departmental collaboration
- Fast paced: employees take pride because they see their work come to life
- Memorable team off-sites that build resilience through trust and friendship
- Heavy investments made into employee onboarding
- Visible and accessible executive teams who truly care
- Focus and clarity: teams that know what is expected of them are consistently able to achieve lofty goals
Want to see the list? Click here to see who won