Slice announced today the launch of Slice Accelerate as part of their ongoing mission to keep local thriving. The initiative’s first cohort will include 100 nominated shops that will receive $15,000 worth of technology and services to strengthen their businesses, helping to make them pandemic-proof and set up for future success by enabling them to compete against big pizza franchises and the predatory practices of third party apps. Local restaurants who participated in a beta version of the program are already seeing significant results: their total sales have increased by over 130% and their digital sales have increased by 330%.
The $15,000 in products, collateral and services each shop receives will include:
A technology overhaul
- An enhanced, upgraded website and digital presence to drive sales
- Optimized search profiles and partnership listings to reach new customers
- Early access to Slice’s newest tools and technology to give each shop the edge
Design and brand consultancy
- A rebrand or brand refresh, including logo and shop signage, to build credibility
- Design support for customized menus, boxes, and merchandise to maximize impact
- Featured on the Slice app and website to attract new customers and increase performance
VIP service and mentorship
- Expert guidance from Slice’s leadership team on finance, marketing and technology
- Social media management to drive engagement and increase followers
- A dedicated account manager to provide white glove service
“With Slice Accelerate, we’re doing our part to ensure that neighborhood pizzerias have access to the tools they need to not only compete with the big pizza franchises, but also to align with consumer expectations in 2020,” said Slice Founder and CEO Ilir Sela. “The goal of this program is to give these local shops the digital transformation they need to reach their full potential. Slice’s mission is to keep local thriving, and we are here to serve our community of 13,000 independent entrepreneurs with another layer of value, investment, and mentorship to help these shops grow faster and be more profitable.”
Slice is now accepting shop nominations, and selected shops will be announced on a rolling basis. Slice’s selection criteria will include entrepreneurs with a desire to modernize and to use technology to scale up operations while maintaining a great quality product. This opportunity is for small business owners wanting a playbook for success and an increase in sales.
Slice Accelerate is the most recent of the offerings Slice has developed to drive innovation and build on a strong cohort of partnerships aimed at helping local shops bring their business online, particularly in the age of COVID-19. Slice’s network of over 13,000 local pizzerias offers an economy of scale that both saves money and drives revenue for these American small business owners.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.