As part of its ongoing sustainable journey, Molton Brown is proud to introduce a new game-changing dispenser to support their hotel partners. Available worldwide in early 2021, the Molton Brown Signature Dispenser is the latest addition to the brand’s expanding dispensing programme – continuing its purpose to reduce waste.
Whilst greatly reducing waste and excess spending, installing the dispenser prevents more than 18,250 bottles and 137kg of plastic being sent to landfill every year*, supporting hotels’ conscious care for the environment.
Featuring the brand’s heritage Mayfair Ebony colourway and refined Gun Metal finish, the dispenser is crafted to suit every bathroom aesthetic. It has a removable metal plate to change the product collection name, and a fill level indicator on the front, for housekeeping staff to clean and replenish with ease.
To ensure the highest standards of hygiene, it has a tamper-proof system, which means it can’t be opened or removed by hotels guests.
The Molton Brown Signature Dispenser can be filled with 350ml of the brand’s bestselling, Bath, Body, Hand and Hair Care collections, crafted by their eclectic set of perfumers. Made in England, these products are created with the same fine-quality formulas as the retail versions. Hotels can choose from a diverse selection of distinctive scents to treat their guests to a full, sensorial ritual; from an invigorating morning shower to a restorative night-time soak.
Beatrice Descorps, Global Vice President of Marketing, proudly shares: ‘As an early pioneer in positive luxury, we’ve been offering dispenser solutions for over 20 years; easing your mind on hygiene and safety whilst enhancing your guests’ experiences. The more we replenish and reuse, we’re one step closer to eliminating plastic consumption, whilst nurturing our natural resources.’
*Based on Molton Brown data of 30ml bottles used annually in a typical 100-room luxury hotel.
Molton Brown’s Sustainability Journey
Since its beginning in 1971, Molton Brown have taken an ethical approach with every practice, staying true to its founders’ belief that luxury and sustainability work hand-in-hand. These are its ever-evolving commitments to the earth:
- The brand was one of the first in the UK to never test on animals, a groundbreaking concept at the time, and has been certified cruelty free since 2012 by the Leaping Bunny programme
- It’s a 100% vegetarian brand and will be vegan by 2022, with 97% of its products already achieving this
- Its products have been paraben-free since 2016
- Its products have been microbeads-free since 2017, using natural alternatives such as olive stones, black peppercorn and volcanic sand
- The majority of palm oil it uses is already traceable and responsibly sourced; with plans to use 100% sustainably sourced palm oil by the end of 2023
- Since 2016, its manufacturing facility in Elsenham has been powered by renewable electricity while 97% of its waste is recycled, with an ambition to reach zero landfill waste by 2025. By this time, the facility will reduce the use of greenhouse gas by 30% per ton of products produced and be net carbon neutral
- All its suppliers must be members of SEDEX with up-to-date and acceptable SMETA scores by 2022; ensuring responsible supply chains.
- All its packaging has been 100% FSC certified since 2019
- Since February 2020, the outer packaging of the brand’s hotel accessories has been fully recyclable
- And by the end of 2020, its 300ml Bath, Body and Hand collection bottles will be made from 50% recycled PET, with the intention to extend this to smaller sizes in 2021.
WHO WE ARE
Born on South Molton Street, London in 1971, Molton Brown is an icon of uniquely British style. Our Eaux de Parfum and Toilette, and Bath, Body, Hair and Home collections have been Made in England since day one – and we’re committed to this for our future. Sourcing only the best ingredients in unrivalled concentrations, our quality has awarded us with a Royal Warrant from Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. As part of our ever-evolving sustainable journey, we never have and never will test on animals, we run our own manufacturing facility in Elsenham and we champion refillable beauty. Inspired by our progressive home, London, we work side-by-side with our eclectic set of perfumers to empower our customers and your hotel guests with long-lasting, distinctive fragrances they’ll love.